Please explain and illustrate why SONY Corp has been known for its agility. Describe/relate its product to agility and structure/culture.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:58 am ad1c9bdddf
Sony Corp and its leaders are visionaries. They are not afraid to take risks and to shut down what is not working or has run its product life cycle. The leaders are motivated to go where the company needs to go in terms of people, products, and innovations.
Sony Corp is known for taking risks on new ideas and products. The company's Walkman, the perennial product that gained much of the company's growth, was among the very first to be able to download music from the internet. It made Sony synonymous with innovation and music, while giving it a firm path into the digital age. However, when the Walkman had slowed to nearly no growth status, Sony cut the operations and employees as a way to cut costs and streamline the company.
The company is also known as the first major Japanese company to invite employees ...
The solution discusses why SONY Corp has been known for its agility.
Samsung Management Style
1. Evaluate two (2) key changes in the Samsung's management style from the company's inception to the current day. Indicate whether or not you believe the company is properly managed today. Provide support for your position.
2. Explain senior management's role in preparing the organization for its most recent change. Provide evidence of whether the transition was seamless or problematic from a management perspective. Provide support for your rationale.
3. Evaluate management's decision on its use of vendors and spokespersons. Indicate the organizational impact of these decisions.
4. As a manager within Samsung, suggest one (1) innovative idea that could have a positive impact on both the employees and customers of the company. Indicate the approach you will take in implementing the new idea. Provide support for your suggestion.
5. Predict Samsung's ability to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the market environment. Indicate one (1) key change in the management structure that may be beneficial to ensuring such an adaptation to change. Provide support for your prediction.