In this assignment you have an opportunity to use an Excel worksheet to create a fictional budget that not only pays for necessities but also ensures a leftover amount for various luxuries.
In your worksheet, include the following information about how you plan to spend your money:
- Identify various categories (e.g. grocery, household, dining, miscellaneous) that one spends money for a one week period.
- Start on a date you specify.
- Schedule the amount of money you estimate it will take for you to pay those categories each day.
- After you have created the budget, sum the total amount of dollars to be spent overall throughout the week. Then sum each individual category.
- Produce a percentage of each category that money is being budgeted (e.g. 15% dining, 18% grocery, etc.). Remember that the percentages need to add up to 100%.
- Illustrate the percentages in a pie chart
In your Excel worksheet, remember to use the following key worksheet elements:
- Columns, rows, and cells
- Cell formatting using font, fill color, cell merge, data type, and borders
- Formulas to produce your sums and percentages
- Pie chart to illustrate percentages
- Comments for explanations
The solution does a great job of explaining the answer. The solution is very well written and easy to follow along and clearly explains the process in a simple way. Overall, a great response to the question being asked.