Examine literature in a topic area and identify three articles published within the past five years that investigate mediating, moderating, or independent variables in an attempt to contribute to theory in the topic area. Write a paper in which for each article:
1. At the beginning, please provide a short statement (one or two sentences) on the topic/problem.
2. Describes the theory the researchers explore. What are the key constructs in the theory? How are they related? Identify which ones are cause, effect, mediating, or moderating constructs. How are the constructs operationalized?
3. Briefly describe the study, including the number of participants and research methods.
4. Briefly describe the statistical analyses used
5. Briefly described the findings and how the researchers interpreted them and their contribution to theory.
Using some or all of the three articles, argue for a gap in the knowledge in the topic area and briefly describe a study involving mediator and or moderator variables that can contribute to theory.
References: At least three (3) resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 4-5 pages
Use current APA standards.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 22, 2019, 3:43 am ad1c9bdddf
Topic Area: TV Advertising Directed to Children:
1.The food and beverage companies have promised to reduce unhealthy marketing to children. They have promised this to the Children's Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative. However, what it required is a broader definition of child directed advertisements.
2. The theory the researchers explore is that it is necessary to reduce food and beverage advertising directed to children. However, the current definition of child directed advertisements is very narrow and this leads to directing advertisements that promote fast foods and sugary drinks high in sugar, sodium, or saturated fats to children. The theory is that there should be a broader definition of what constitutes advertisements directed at children so that there is reduced marketing of calorie dense food products at children. The key constructs are the current definition of child directed advertising, and the actual food advertisements to which children are exposed. These constructs are related because the narrow definition reduces the controls over child directed food advertising. The authors are seeking a broader definition of child directed advertising.
3. The study uses Nielsen data to quantify percentages of children aged (2-11 years) in the audience as well as absolute numbers of child viewers for all national TV programs in 2009. The data provided the number of food and beverage ads viewed by preschoolers aged between 2 and 5 years, older children between 6 and 11 years and adults aged between 16 and 49 years during programs with various child audience compositions. The number of ads viewed by preschoolers was 3,801, by children was 4,435, and adults was 5,618.
The statistical analysis used by the researchers is that they have used Nielsen data and CFBAI criteria to find the percent of ads viewed by preschoolers and older children that are shown during child directed programs. They also found the percent of advertisements viewed by preschoolers and older children during programs with a minimum child audience and compared the percentages. The researchers also analyzed the programs viewed by children aged between 2 and 11 years in 2009 for various products categories during TV programs.
The findings of ...
The response provides you a structured explanation of three articles during the last five years having specified variables . It also gives you the relevant references.