Compare and contrast primary and secondary research in hospitality. Give examples and explanations of each in your response.
Data useful to hospitality business are:
- Number of hotels in the area
- Number of employees in each hotel
- Average Distance of hotels to the market area and other places of destinations
- Number of rooms
- Number of people accommodated in a room
- Room rates
- Foreign Tourist arrivals
- Domestic Tourist arrivals
- Client's records
- Guest history
- Departmental reports
- Marketing reports
- Sales reports
This data can be accessed through primary or secondary means. (See the attached file.)
Primary data is gathered through actual ...
The solution compares the differences between primary and secondary research. The attached two-page file shows the differences between secondary and primary sources of data as applied to hospitality research.