Please assist me in preparing an External Analysis for Google 2012© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:00 am ad1c9bdddf
GOOGLE EXTERNAL ANALYSIS
Google is a well known brand in the world of internet with strong market position in global search market. Google provides customized search options for users across the world. As computers are becoming more affordable people from economically weaker countries are getting connected to rest of the world through Google. Apart from search engine, Google provides productivity products like Gmail, Google docs, and Sites. With new Linux based computer systems, Google's applications are bundled into the operating system.
Internet search is not dependent on aging population of baby boomers like many other companies which have a demographic age group of 50-60 years. Google provides services which are not gender specific, due to which it would not get affected by changes in ratio of females to males. Google would be at advantage if older generation people start incorporating internet in their life like younger generation.
Technology is of extreme ...
External analysis for Google 2012 are given.
SWOT analysis, Planning and Organizing
Perform a Google SWOT analysis. Identify 2 current Google product strategies. Will they succeed (such as the mobile phones and social network for example)? Need to provide good arguments.
Burrows, P. & MacMilan D. (2011) Larry Page's Google. Bloomberg Business Week, January 12, 2011, retrieved May 1, 2011 from: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_06/b4214050441614.htm
Anonymous (2005). Google's Grand Ambitions. Bloomberg Business Week, September 5, 2005. retrieved May 2, 2011 from: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_36/b3949050_mz011.htm
1. Analyze the current situation using the SWOT framework.
2. Environment such as economy trends overall industry
3. Competition (other players and newcomers)
4. Strengths (company strength such as customer base, brand etc)
5. Weaknesses (premium pricing, saturation, etc)
6. Given the environment (threats and opportunities) and company (strengths and weaknesses) can Google succeed with the 2 products you selected?
7. Make the decision of Yes or No based on results of the analysis.
8. Identify facts in the case that match concepts of strategic planning (vision, goals, strategies) and relate them.
Apply these concepts to facts in the case in order to develop your arguments.
SWOT (each item a separate section), Discussion (Yes and how; or No and why)
Organizing at Dell Computers
We all remember Dell Computers and most of us may have used them. It was a very successful company. It was known for shipping directly to the consumer, which enabled very competitive prices. But times changed in the PC industry. Dell Computers experienced major losses.
But Michael Dell, its founder, returned to the helm and is mastermining a turnaround. Our main focus is the organizing happening nowadays at Dell Computers.
1. Can Michael Dell be successful in turning around Dell Computers? What are some of the main initiatives (related to Organizing) that Dell has implemented in order to turn Dell Computers around?
Points to Address:
1. Organizational restructuring based upon customers into business groups
2. A newly hired executive team
3. New Culture
4. New Strategies to reach customers and how they reflect in organizing (such as opening stores, etc). remember they used to ship directly to customers in their good old days!
Edwards, C. (2009) Dell's Extreme MakeOver. Business Week, New York, N.Y., October 15, 2009 http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_43/b4152036025436_page_4.htm