I need some help with these study questions, please...
1) How do you develop, implement, and evaluate an EMS? What are some challenges in completing this process?
2) What is an LCA? What are the outcomes of an LCA? How may you control possible outcomes?
1. How do you develop, implement, and evaluate an EMS? What are challenges in completing this process?
An EMS helps you manage your activities, processes, products, or services that interact with or impact the environment. To develop an EMS, following sequence of activities have to be carried out:
1. Identify services, products, processes, or activities
2. Determine aspects of these services, products, processes, or activities that can interact with or have an impact on environment.
3. Document which aspects have environmental regulatory requirements
4. Evaluate which aspects have significant impacts using rating criteria which has been pre-developed
5. Develop objectives and targets to manage those significant impacts
Next step is the implementation stage which is the backbone of the program. It helps an organization make decisions as to what to monitor and control in order to reduce its impact on the environment. The implementation process has several stages like:
Phase I - Getting ...
The expert examines developing, implementing and evaluating an EMS.