Read the following article, which provides examples of socially responsible companies (this website includes a number of quite excellent articles pertaining to the merits of CSR). You may also want to explore the optional readings provided below, as they may be useful to your understanding of CSR:
Fallon, N. (2014, December 4). 20 great examples of socially responsible businesses. Business News Daily. Retrieved from http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5499-examples-socially-responsible-businesses.html
1. In 1-2 paragraphs, describe your organization (Boeing) what it does, how many employees, how much revenue, etc.
2. Select some aspect of CSR, and discuss how your organization employs CSR in its operations.
3. What are the specific advantages to your company in its use of CSR?
4. If your company does not presently pursue a form of CSR, please identify a specific CSR practice (e.g., environmental consciousness, community welfare, etc.) from which your company would benefit.
5. Be sure to use at least two other sources from the library to support your discussion and analysis.
6. Please cite references
The following resources provide a very good overview of CSR, and how companies use CSR initiatives to increase the organization's effectiveness: (not to be used as references)
2014 corporate social responsibility report (2014). Hershey Company. Retrieved from http://www.thehersheycompany.com/social-responsibility/shared-goodness/goodbusiness
Corporate social responsibility. (2013). International Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved from https://www.iisd.org/business/issues/sr.aspx© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 2, 2020, 6:02 am ad1c9bdddf
Boeing is the largest aerospace company in the world. It is a leader in the industries of manufacturing and exporting of commercial jetliners, as well as of defense, space and security systems. The products and tailored services offered include:
• commercial aircraft
• military aircraft
• electronic systems
• defense systems
• launch systems
• advanced information and communication systems
• performance-based logistics
• training (1)
Boeing has 160,000 employees over 150 different countries worldwide. In 2015, the company had:
• $96 billion in revenue.
• $9.5 billion in operating cash flow
• $1.70 billion in net profit (2)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) includes environmental policies, employee well-being, community involvement, philanthropic activities, and ethics. Boeing has an extensively-documented CSR manual. An example of a CSR practice at Boeing is their ethics program that avoids waste, fraud, ...
Answered in 493 words. Six references are cited.