I have these facts pulled about moving business to operate in Mexico. I just need help making these below into sentence without bullet points and reference to APA style.
Subject: Social, cultural, political, legal factors that could lead to opportunities or threats
(1) Social or cultural factors:
- greater emphasis on maintaining employment rather than increasing wages
- existence of a large small-business sector
- availability of skilled labor
- segmentation of the labor market into a formal and an informal one
- wide variability in access to financing (e.g. loans)
(2) Political factors:
- barrier to competition/private oligopolies
- labor market regulations inhibiting reallocation of labor
- limited access to financial support of the government leading to the usage of nonconventional financing source
- reliance of the national financial system on the export of oil
- state intervention when necessary
(3) Legal factors:
- procedures to settle disputes between the employer and employees are protracted and uncertain
- nonuniform level of enforcement of creditor rights across states
- insufficient transparency of banking system
- industrial standards and
- import licensing to bar foreign firms' competition
References for all three categories:
- IMF Country Report No. 06/351, October 2006
- Mexico country overview, The World Bank Group, 2006
- Mexico Case Study - Analysis of National Strategies for Sustainable Development, June 2004
There are several social factors that can lead to threats and opportunities. One of these is that the country places greater emphasis on maintaining employment than on increasing wages. In addition, there is the existence of a large small-business sector that could provide strong competition. The labor market is designed into two sectors, the formal and the informal sector. There is wide variability in access to financing and ...
Social, cultural, political, legal factors are discussed in great detail in this solution.
Identify external environment forces (competition, political/legal, economic, technological, and social/cultural)
You have examined several different aspects of your start-up business. Identify what forces in the external environment (competition, political/legal, economic, technological, and social/cultural) would you believe to have the greatest potential impact on your success? Why?
Answer: I feel the greatest potential impact on the success of my business would be the elderly, because they are known to be collectibles. As well, my closest competition seems to be about 45 miles away, so I have the opportunity to create a niche market in my area. I am also near many churches, and they might be a large consumer of my product. Since I am near schools, perhaps my product could be sold as a fund-raising opportunity. I am also the only store which licensed to sell the product. This creates an advantage since people know that I will provide a high quality product that is licensed.View Full Posting Details