Analyze current issues related to employment discrimination that HR managers need to be aware of, and discuss a set of recommended actions for HR managers to help them ensure on an ongoing basis that their organization is not engaging in such discrimination.
This focuses on discrimination.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 21, 2018, 1:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
Issues related to employment discrimination:
1. Age discrimination by fixing conditions of age (maximum or minimum), seniority in service or professional experience to employment; training requirements for recruitment; reasonable period of employment before retirement.
2. Allegations of employers having mixed motives in terminating their employees because of reasons that include color, race, religion, national origin, or gender.
3. Wal-Mart facing workplace gender-bias lawsuit filed by female Wal-Mart employees accusing Wal-Mart of paying women lesser than men and offering fewer opportunities for them to be promoted.
4. Wal-Mart's case/lawsuit over African-American truck drivers discrimination as their hiring policies which mentioned a common group of potential plaintiffs which were the African-American drivers who were not hired or deterred from applying at Wal-Mart, approved creation of a class action suit.
5. Wal-mart cases on discriminating against Americans with disabilities such as the Debbie Shank case, former worker severely injured in a trucking accident. She was able to get her insurance money after a week of intense media pressure on Wal-Mart and public outrage for the ...
The solution lists and analyzes current issues related to employment discrimination and recommended actions to ensure that organizations are not engaging in such discrimination. References are included.