1. What are some differences to the employer between having employees and independent contractors working for him?
2. Religion is protected by Title Vll. What does an employer have to do to meet a religious need of an employee? What is this standard called?
3. What is Affirmative Action? How is it different from Title Vll employment protections?
There are THREE ways that it can apply to an employer.
Name the three ways. Hint: one way is via an Executive Order.
4. What is a BFOQ & do courts define it broadly or narrowly?
5. Who are the protected groups under Title Vll & why are they protected?
6. What is the difference between Disparate Intent & Disparate Impact?
Give an example of each one.
1) Employees and contractors are both paid by the company. Employees also cost the company benefit costs, accounting costs for taxation, sick leave, vacation and personal time. Independent contractors are paid for the job only and are responsible for all other issues themselves.
2) Employers may not discriminate against any employee due to religious needs. Any prohibition or restriction that prevents an employee from freely practicing his or her chosen religion will be considered harassment and/or discrimination. Whatever the common ...
Short questions and answers to Affirmative Action and Title VII.