Chapter 2 in book Supervision 11 edition ISBN# 9780324590920
1. What is meant by effective communication?
a. Why is mutual understanding at the heart of any definition of effective communication?
2. With respect to the management problem of motivating subordinates to accomplish organizational goal, what conclusions can you draw from reading the material in this chapter?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:36 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Effective communication refers to the process that is used when each person involved on the same team or in the same conversing group of individuals both sends and receives effective messages through the skills of active listening. By utilizing active listening in the process, the messages are more likely to be received as they were intended, with less variables at issue that typically hamper the communication process, including misinterpretations by the receiver.
a. Due to the potential number of ...
This solution provides a detailed discussion for each communication question presented from Chapter 2 in the book "Supervision." Effective communication, mutual understanding when defining effective communication, and motivation of subordinates are discussed.
The solution is written based on 25+ years of professional management experience.
PR Communication Memo
Individual Assignment: PR Communication Memo
- The company with which you are currently employed is experiencing a financial crisis. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has suddenly resigned and no one is discussing the reasons why. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating your company's accounting practices and from the documents they have requested, the issue seems to concern revenue recognition. Rumors are beginning to circulate that suggest inappropriate behavior on the part of your company. The organization is a publicly traded company, and as such, the company is required to issue a public notice concerning the sudden vacancy of the CFO. As a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) on the team drafting the notice, you are involved in communicating the current situation to the general public.
- Write a press release. You may conduct research to find examples of public notices of this same nature. Use the examples to determine how you will format your press release. Then write an accompanying internal memo no more than 2 pages in length to your manager that includes the following:
o Outline what your company is legally required to do.
o Explain the value of the public communication in this situation.
o Examine the balance between calming external stakeholders and the ethical considerations of providing all the information that is required by the SEC.
o How the perception of the press release will affect public opinion