Please see the attached document and assist with the requirements.
A Basic Communications Model
The Basic Communications Model is the starting point for analyzing the communications process in terms of the intent of the sender, the needs of the receiver, and the elements of the communications environment.
Use the model as your starting point when analyzing messages in your assignments.
The communications model above shows the basic components present in a simple two-way exchange of information. Every communication, whether it is real-time, such as with a face-to-face meeting or a telephone conversation, or asynchronous, as with e-mail and fax, involves the following:
- The environment in which the communication takes place
- A sender or encoder who starts with a purpose
- A message created to accomplish the purpose through the following:
o Content, or the words and images
o Media, or the format in which the content is presented, such as audio, text, video, or multimedia
- Technology, which is made up of the following:
o Encoding and presentation tools
o Channels, or data networks appropriate to that technology
- Noise, which is anything that reduces the likelihood of the message being interpreted the way the sender intended
- A receiver or decoder who interprets the message
- A feedback message that reverses the process
Note. A more advanced communication model would consider multiple parties, the different types of each component, and the perceptual filtering of a message done by both the sender and receiver-the characteristics, thoughts, and emotions of all parties that contribute to the message's formation and interpretation.
Utilizing this communication model, please assist with this question.
Select three business-to-business messages.
- Analyze the messages using the communication process. The analysis should include a descriptive explanation of characteristics that would improve the messages, including the following:
o Descriptions of the purpose, sender, receiver, message, environment, technology, noise, and feedback
o Explanations of whether the message and technology were appropriate given the environment and purpose
- Write a business-to-business message that has ABC Company asking to create a working relationship with XYZ Company.
- Write an unfavorable reply message to ABC Company. The message can be denying the working relationship, for example, due to ABC's credit, prices, reputation, services provided, needs, technology, and so on.
- Write a 1,500- to 1,750-word paper that includes your analysis of the business-to-business messages using the communication process.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 11:11 pm ad1c9bdddf
The process of the communication involves two parties, sender and receivers. Apart from this, the process of communication needs technology, tools and channels of communication (Miller, 2005). All these elements should have an alignment and should be in used appropriate by the person to communicate massage effectively. The communication model includes following elements in a following manner: an environment of communication, a sender, a message (content or media), technology (channels to communicate), noise presented in the environment at time of communicating message, a receiver and feedback of receiver (Miller, 2005).
Business to business communication process involves two business organizations, one as a sender or other as a receiver. All other elements are dependent on the environment and purpose of communication.
Business to business communication process is an integral tool to develop relationship with the other business organizations, suppliers, vendors, etc. In this competitive landscape, business to business communication process is necessary to stay pertinent, believable and consistence (Business-to-Business Communication, n.d.).
Business to Business Message of Starbucks: Starbucks has communicated a message through its message board and online website to the other business firms who supplies coffee beans, milk and other raw material to the company that they should have meet the standard of the coffee beans and attribute of the products decided by the company to build trust and ensure the company that they will receive high quality products without any error or mistake (Millard, 2004). This business message is an example of communication of terms and policies of company to do business with other organization.
Business to Business Message of Wal-Mart: Wal-Mart utilizes business-to-business strategy for effectively accomplishing its business in the global market as well in the domestic market. The company communicates message and policies to the management in annual meetings. This is a type of internal business message. The higher authority communicates to its employees that the company wants to become a best place to work in all over the countries this lead us to get best people in our organization (Troy, 2003). This message helps to develop good relations with the employees.
Business to Business Message of Amazon: Amazon.com is a United States based company which does business through internet and is involved in E-commerce (Belfast-based Global Email Company Limited, 2008). This is one of the biggest companies, which do business through internet. Company deal online auctions, partnership, web site management, etc. The business to business ...
The expert analyzes business to business messages using the communication process. An unfavorable reply message to ABC company is determined.