1. Why might companies today develop Information Systsems (IS) operational plans that cover only one year?
2. Describe the key uses of Critical Path Method (CPM) and Gantt charts.
3. What is a virtual team, and why do IT managers need new approaches for managing such a team?
4. Why does the Sarbanes-Oxley Act impact the work of IT personnel?
5. What benefits are associated with centralized governance of IT resources, and how do these differ from those associated with decentralized governance?
6. What types of mechanisms can be used to help increase collaboration across business and IS leaders?
7. What are some of the global IS management challenges that face IS leaders today?
8. What is the role of a chief security officer, and why is this organizational role a relatively new one?
1. There are a number of reasons why an IS operation plan only covers a single fiscal year, key among them is the ever changing information security environment. Operational planning involves the connecting strategic (long term) and tactical (short term) goals and objectives. In the some current operational environments information threats change on a constant basis what may have been top of the line systems and procedures at the beginning of the year, end up being obsolete only six months later. Thus it may be necessary to update plans and objectives to keep in line with the external environment.
2. CPM stands for critical path method; it calculates the longest path for scheduled activities on a project. It helps determine which tasks are essential for on time project completion and which can ones can be delayed without compromising the project schedule. Some of the key uses of the CPM are:
I. For determining shortest time to project completion.
II. Prioritizing tasks.
III. Project activity sequencing and scheduling.
IV. Project resource requirements.
Gantt charts are visual illustrations of project schedules represented by bars that show the start and finish schedules of the project and major milestones. Some of the key uses for Gantt charts are:
I. Project scheduling and planning.
II. Determining resource requirements.
III. Managing and determining tasks dependencies.
IV. Project control and monitoring.
3. Virtual teams are basically work groups that are not limited by physical ...
The expert examines management information systems for virtual systems. The benefits associated with centralized governance of IT resources are determined.
Management Information System Case Analysis as consultant
Find below the Consumer Products International case. Also enclosed the required "presentation format" and sequence of analysis for the team to follow in developing the presentation. Most important element that the presentation should be constructed as a"Consultant team" whom they are conducting this analysis for the company executives(Analysing the company situation and providing strategic recommendations/advises).
Note: SWOT analysis should include Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats.( because presentation format shows only strength and weaknesses)
Please follow the sample presentation while doing the analysis.View Full Posting Details