Referencing the Basic Leadership Model (BLM), discuss how an organization's PTE
(Perceived Task Environment), situation and employees can affect a leader's leadership style.
BASIC LEADERSHIP MODEL AND TASK ENVIRONMENT
· mysterious: how does it happen?
· Culture Beginnings and the Impact of Founders as Leaders
· spring from three sources:
1. beliefs, values, and assumptions of founders
2. learning experiences of group members
3. new beliefs, values, and assumptions brought by new members
· Impact of founder most important.
· Orgs do not form spontaneously or accidently.
· The process of culture formation is the process of creating a small group:
1. single person (founder) has idea.
2. founder brings in one or more people and creates core group. They share vision and believe in the risk.
3. founding group acts in concert, raises money, work space...
4. Others are brought in and a history is begun
LEADERSHIP MODEL SAYS
· Leader assumptions are "taught" to the group.
· Things tried out are leader imposed teaching.
· how do leaders get their ideas implemented?
acting, by doing, exuding confidence
THE EMPLOYEES CAN AFFECT THE LEADERSHIP STYLE IN
· Primary Embedding Mechanisms Secondary Articulation and Reinforcement ...