First, RNA must be synthesized from the DNA template:
Ribonucleotides: adenosine-, guanosine-, cytidine-, and uridine- triphosphates (ATP, GTP, UTP)
RNA polymerase: finds the initiation site on the DNA template strand, separates the DNA, initiate chain synthesis and add ribonucleotides to the chain
Transcription factors: proteins required to help RNApol find/bind the ...
The factors required for protein production are examined.
Microbiology Study Questions
1. Describe how DNA serves as genetic information.
2. Describe the process of DNA replication.
3. Describe protein synthesis, including transcription, RNA processing, and translation.
4. Explain the regulation of gene expression in bacteria by induction, repression, feedback inhibition, and catabolic
repression, using the lac operon as an example.
5. Compare the mechanisms of genetic recombination in bacteria.
6. Define transduction, transformation, conjugation, competence
7. Describe the functions of plasmids and transposons.
8. Discuss how genetic mutation and recombination provide material for natural selection to act on.
9. Define gene, RNA polymerase
10. Compare selection and mutation.