A number of multiple choice Microbio questions. Examples:
#1 Compare and contrast carbohydrate catabolism and energy production in the following bacteria:
a. Pseudomonas, an aerobic chemoheterotroph
b. Spirulina, an oxygenic photoautotroph
c. Ectothiorhodospira, an anoxygenic photoautotroph
#2 The bacterial enzyme streptokinases is used to digest fibrin (blood clots) in patients with arteriosclerosis. Why doesn't injection of streptokinases cause a streptococcal infection? How do we know the streptokinases will digest fibrin only and not good tissues?
*(For complete list of questions, please see attachment)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 4:45 pm ad1c9bdddf
Examining DNA plasmid restriction digest
Hi again. I am attaching a document that provides details on a lab to be done dealing with DNA sequencing.
I am looking for assistance in two areas of this lab:
1) p. 67 - questions 1, 2 and 3
These questions ask:
1. how do you predict the DNA bands produced after digesting a recombinant plasmid. How do you know what size your recombinant plasmid is after cloning and ligation of the insert into the plasmid.
2. How do you prepare a master mix to use for a restriction digest.
3. what is a plasmid copy number and how do you estimate the copy number for a plasmid
2) p. 80 (i.e. last page of the lab) -- some ideas,suggestions, notes, reference material for a 5 - 10 minute presentation on the topic in point 8 - Groups 5 and 13: Specificity of the DNA sequencer, Applied Biosystems model 3730.
Let me know if you can help me out within the required timeframe.
Also, please let me know if the credit value is acceptable.