Vannorman Corporation processes sugar beets in batches. A batch of sugar beets costs $75 to buy from farmers and $11 to crush in the company's plant. Two intermediate products, beet fiber and beet juice, emerge from the crushing process. The beet fiber can be sold as is for $11 or processed further for $20 to make theend produc
3. 10 kg of food at a moisture content of 320% dry basis is dried to 50% web basis. Calculate the amount of water removed.
4. A batch of 5 kg of foodproduct has a moisture content of 150% dry basis. Calculate how much water must be removed from this product to reduce its moisture content to 20% wet basis.
5. A liquid prod
Theproduction processes involved in making maple syrup also can produce maple sugar. Vt. Sugar Enterprises wishes to produce only syrup, but on occasion some sugarging takes place. Production for April produced the following results:
Syrup Sugar Total
A manufacturer has two plants that produce the same product...Plant A and Plant B...Plant A has 60% of the total production and has a 5% defective rate...Plant B has 40% of the total production with a 7.5% defective rate...
1. What is the total defect rate? I came up with 6%...????
2. A randomly selected product was defec
3. At a food processing plant, a machine produces 10 lb bags of sugar. In this particular process, it is important that the sugar content does not go below 9.9 lbs. In fact, when the bags of sugar are less than 9.9 lbs, maintenance is performed on the machine. Consider a hypothesis test where:
Ho: X > 9.9 lbs. (In this c
I need some assistance with the following problem:
Hawaii Sugar Company produces brown sugar, processed (white) sugar, powdered sugar and molasses from sugar cane syrup. The company purchases 4000 tons of syrup weekly and is contracted to deliver at least 25 tons weekly of each type of sugar. Theproduction process starts by
A plant has an effective capacity of 900 units per day and produces 600 units per day with its product mix; what is its efficiency?
Round your answer to 1 decimal place; for example, 12.3 .
A firm uses two plants (A and B) to produce a product. Theplant's marginal cost functions are given by the following equations:
MCa=10+.01Qa and MCb=4+.03Qb
If the firm wanted to produce 1400 units should it produce 700 units in each plant? Why or why not? Explain and illustrate graphically.
Problem 2 Two kinds of fertilizer are used in theproduction of sugar during theplantation days in Hawaii.
The first fertilizer is X1 and theproduction function is
Y = 61.95+24.1X1-15.4X1^2
The second fertilizer is organic manure and theproduction function is
Y = 31.68+164.34X2-10X2^2