C. the use of glucose by the muscle tissue would increase
D. the production of water by mitochondria would be inhibited
E. all are expected metabolic changes© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:31 pm ad1c9bdddf
Effects of a heart attack on heart metabolism
Reducing blood flow to the heart restricts oxygen delivery. This slows oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria rerquiring the cell to resort to fermentation, producing lactic acid to regenerate NAD+ ...
This solution discusses provides the answer to the multiple choice question on heart metabolism during a heart attack and then explains why it is the best answer.
Nutrition - Energy Balance and Weight Management
1. Explain how energy balance is related to body weight.
2. List three main components of energy expenditure.
3. Explain what is meant by a healthy body weight.
4. List five health problems that are associated with excess body fat.
5. What changes in the environment in the last 20 years have contributed to an increase in cases of obesity? List the 3 most reliable components to successful weight management.
6. Describe aerobic exercise. Name one aerobic exercise.
7. Describe anaerobic exercise. Why would someone be interested in anaerobic exercise? Why?
8. Which is more efficient, aerobic or anaerobic metabolism?
9. How does lactic acid build up and what is its effect on our bodies?
10. How do the nutritional needs of an athlete compare to the nutritional needs of the general population?View Full Posting Details