Can you please confirm my choices for the below question?
1. A denatured protein is one that
a. Has lost its three dimensional structure.
b. Has reverted to a carbohydrate.
c. Lacks amino acids.
d. Lacks covalent bonds.
My choice is (D)
2. Ions and atoms of an element differ in the
a. Number of electrons they possess.
b. Placement of their neutrons.
c. Number of neutrons they possess.
d. Number of protons in the atomic nucleus.
My choice is (A) which purely a guess.
3. The peptide bond in proteins connects
a. Carbon atoms
b. Nitrogen atoms
c. A carbon atom to a nitrogen atom.
d. Sulfur atom
My choice is (A)
4. When two atoms join together, they form a(n)
c. Covalent bond
My choice is (C)
5. Molecules that catalyze biological reactions are known as
a. Nucleic acids
My choice is (C)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com August 18, 2018, 8:25 am ad1c9bdddf
1. A denatured protein is one that has lost its three dimensional structure.
2. Ions and atoms of an element differ in the number of electrons they possess. With an atom has less electrons than protons, it forms a ...
Protein and elements in solutions are examined.