I need some help in the anatomy of the appendicular:
1. What are the four parts of the upper extremity and the lower extremity of the appendicular skeleton?
2. Compare and contrast the size and function of the upper and lower extremities of the appendicular skeleton (refer to the skeleton below for help).
3. What are the three fused bones that make up the coxae of the pelvic girdle? What is their location in relationship to one another
1. The four parts of the upper extremity of the appendicular skeleton are the arm or "humerus", which is the longest, largest bone of the upper limb. The second and third parts are the "Forearm" that has two parallel long bones called the Radius and the Ulna.
The fourth part is the "Hand" that contains 8 "wrist" bones or Carpals; 5 "hand" bones or Metacarpals; and 14 "finger " bones or Phalanges.
The lower extremeties have about 30 bones. The bones of each lower limb include the femur, the patella, the tibia, the fibula, the tarsals, the metatarsals, and the phalanges. Bones of the foot are also in the lower extremeties.
2. Upper Extremities
The humerus is the longest and largest of the upper extremities of the appendicular skeleton. It articulates near the scapula and distally at the elbow with the two bones, ulna, and radius. The proximal end of humerus has a rounded head that articulates with ...
The solution describes the anatomy of the appendicular, and the purpose of bones of the skeletal system. References used are included.
Introducing the skeletal system in general and differentiate between the axial and appendicular skeleton
Include illustrations of the bones of the skull. Differentiate between:
The facial bones and the cranial bones
the anterior, middle, and posterior cranial fossa
3. Trace the pathway of the following major nerves through the corresponding openings of the bones of the skull for:
CNI the Olfactory Nerve
CNII the Optic Nerve
CNV the Trigeminal Nerve
CNVII the Facial Nerve
CNX the Vagus Nerve
Bobick, J and Balaban, N. "Skeletal System." Handy Anatomy Answer Book. Visible Ink Press. MI, USA. 2008. eISBN: 9781578592326
Brooks, Arthur. "Muscular and Skeletal System." Systems of Our Body. Pgs. 87-96. Global Media. Delhi, India. 2007. eISBN: 9788189940829
Hall, BK. Bones and Cartilage: Developmental Skeletal Biology. Chapters 1-3. Academic Press, Jordan Hill, GBR. 2005. eISBN: 9780080454153View Full Posting Details