1. Functions of epithelia include all of the following except
a. providing physical protection.
b. controlling permeability.
d producing specialized secrections
e. storing energy reserves.
2. A type of intercellular connection in which there is a partial fusion of the lipid portions of two cell membranes is termed a
a. tight junction
b. gap junction
c. intermediate junction
e. none of the above
3. The only example of unicellar exocrine glands are
a. mammary glands
b. sweat glands
d. sebaceous cells
e. serous cells
4. An epidermal layer found only in the skin of the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet is the
a. stratum corneum
b. stratum lucidum
c stratum basale
5. name the protein that infiltrates epithelial cells of the epidermis
The following should aid in answering the questions:
Epithelial cells line organs and body cavities and cover the outer surface of the body. They protect body parts, absorb, secrete, and filter.
A tight junction and a desmosome are both mechanical connection between cells' plasma membranes via proteins. In a tight junction, these alter with sites of actual fusion of adjacent membranes. A gap ...
This solution addresses various questions related to epithelial cells.