Please provide assistance understanding the following questions:
Q1 - Choose one organism from the food web that fits into more than one trophic level and explain why and how this occurs.
Q2- The introduction of non native species to Florida, such as the Melaleuca tree and the Australian Pine, create a disruption of the natural environment. What happens when a new species is introduced? How is it controlled? Give an example of an introduced species to Florida.
Note: http://www.myfwc.com This is an excellent site for assistance and information.
See the attached file.
1. When the diet of an organism varies, that organism can fill more than one trophic level. For example, omnivores such as grizzly bears eat both animals and plants. They will also, at times, eat each other. This phenomenon of consuming at more than one trophic level is brought about mainly due to the minimum energy needs of the organism in question. Each trophic level relates to the one below it by absorbing some of the energy it consumes. Thus, each subsequent trophic level will consume less energy than the previous trophic level, since the previous trophic level has already absorbed some of the existing energy. The efficiency with which this energy is passed on from one trophic level to the next is called the ecological efficiency. Consumers at each level convert, on average, about 10% of the chemical energy in their food to their own organic tissue (source: American Heritage Science Dictionary, 2005. Houghton ...
The solution discusses the concepts in ecology.
Discussing Ecology Concepts and Terminology
I just need guidance on how to find the answers to the below questions:
1. Define the following and give an example of each: (2 points)
2. Why may the population growth be different in a developed nation vs. an undeveloped nation? (1 point)
3. Describe a method, which a predator may utilize to capture its prey. (1 point)
4. What is the difference between primary and secondary succession? (1 point)
5. Explain two undesirable effects of agriculture in the tropical rainforest biome. (1 point)
6. Describe one positive effect that recycling has on the environment. (1 point)
7. Describe one human activity hat is thought to be a major contributor to global warming and explain how it may contribute to the problem. (1 point)View Full Posting Details