Give three specific examples of a property that was improved by mutation of the DsRed. These must be three different types of improvements and for each example you should refer to a different mutant FP.
So for example, DsRed --> mRFP --> mGrape1 / mStrawberry etc.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 6:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
Making a better fluorescent protein is usually achieved by stepwise point mutations that improve the over all effect of the protein. In your example dsRED was the initial form and the subsequent versions (RFP, Grape etc) are improvements on the properties ideal for a fluorescent fusion ...
Discussion of the differences between fluorescent proteins and the properties in creating these proteins.
Explain the experiments in the following attached paper: "Telomere dysfunction promotes non-reciprocal translocations and epithelial cancers in mice"
The solution describes a research article testing the role of telomeres in cancer in mice.
These questions are specifically addressed:
(1) What is telomerase and what is it's role
(2) Phenotypes of p53 knockout in mouse and humans- how do they differ?
(3) Difference between carcinoma and sarcoma
(4) Breakage-fusion-bridge cycle of chromosome instability
(1) Spectral karyotyping
(2) Survival curves (Kaplan-Meier plots)View Full Posting Details