Below is a set of six general categories of birth control that you will evaluate for your classmates:
Pills/patches/rings (estrogen + progestin based)
Sympto-thermal + condom/diaphragm
Intra-uterine devices (such as ParaGard, Mirena)
Surgical - vasectomy (male sterilization)
Surgical - tubal ligation (female sterilization)
Male withdrawal during sexual relations.
Preparing for your Thread:
1. Compare each of these six categories against the following four criteria: a) protects the rare new life formed while the method is in use , b) protects maternal (paternal?) health c) is reversible and d) is effective. It is assumed that these four criteria are not equally important. Ignore the following criteria: e) value in preventing STDs, f) cost, and g) ease of use.
2. Chose the category of birth control that you discover to represent the best balance of these four criteria. Assume that you are selecting this birth control for a young, married woman with no unusual sexual health issues. Avoid exceptional personal experiences by generalizing from the four reference sources above.
Writing your Thread
1a. Either: Represent your choice using three numbered sentences: Sentence 1 (very short) states the category you have chosen. Sentence 2 (using many phrases) explains the principle virtues of your category in light of the above 4 criteria. Sentence 3 lists the single greatest limitation of your category. No personal experiences/stories, please. Limit is 100 words total over the three sentences.
1b. Or: If you categorically will/would not use any birth control method, use your sentences in the following way: 1) State your position and give a Biblical passage (reference only) that urges you toward your position. 2) Explain which category of birth control least offends you and why. 3) Explain which category of birth control most troubles you and why.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 6:53 pm ad1c9bdddf
*Please see attached for the thread on the different birth control methods
I would select the sympto-thermal + condom/diaphragm method for the young married woman. For a couple wanting to prevent pregnancy, this method would be the best ...
This solution provides a comparison of 6 birth control methods using 4 different criteria.
Understanding Birth Control
Understanding Birth Control
First, list five types of birth control. Explain how each method prevents pregnancy, and discuss its effectiveness. What is the most reliable method of birth control? What is the least reliable method? Which of these methods also prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases?
Choose one of the following:
· What factors should you consider when choosing a method of birth control?
· Which of the available methods of birth control would you be most likely to use, if you needed to?
· What are the guidelines set forth under Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case?
· What serious questions should one consider before deciding to have children?
· What role do you expect your partner to play in birth control?View Full Posting Details