You are a consultant for a developing country that is not yet in phase IV of demographic transition.
* Define demographic transition.
* Describe the 4 phases of demographic transition, including if the population is stable, growing, or declining in each.
* According to demographers, what factors lead to a decline in the crude birth rate (CBR) and crude death rate (CDR)?
* Briefly describe 2-3 living conditions and/or environmental impacts in developed countries that have reached phase IV, and contrast them with these conditions or impacts in developing countries that remain in earlier phases.
* If demographic transition phase IV is a goal for developing countries, what 1â?"2 programs or initiatives would you suggest to assist them in progress toward this goal?
Define demographic transition.- The movement of a nation from high population growth to low population growth, as it develops economically.
Describe the 4 phases of demographic transition, including if the population is stable, growing, or declining in each.
? Stage 1-Birth and death rates are both high
? Stage 2-Death rates fall but birth rates remain high, and thus the population undergoes rapid growth.
? Stage 3- As economic development improves the standard of living, birth rates fall, and the nation's growth rate decline. The population has made the transition from high growth ...
Four phases of demographic transition is clearly described. A discussion is inclusive of factors leading up to a decline in the crude birth rate and crude death rate. A brief comparison of environmental impacts of developed and developing countries.
Characteristics of the Demographic Transition Model
1. Describe the demographic transition model and how it was developed by demographers.
2. Describe the 4 phases of demographic transition.
3. According to demographers, what factors lead to a decline of the CDR in phase two and the CBR in phase three of the demographic transition? ·
4. Briefly describe 3 living conditions in developed countries that have reached phase four, and contrast them with these same conditions in developing countries that remain in earlier phases.
5. Research and describe a program for developing countries that would help improve 1 of the 3 conditions that you compared.
6. Food security means that everyone has an adequate amount of nutritious food to lead healthy lives. Research and describe 1 s
For each phase, compare crude birth rates (CBR) to crude death rates (CDR), and state whether the population is stable, growing, or declining in each. ·
When comparing and contrasting, include details for each of the entities being compared and contrasted. For example, if comparing availability of clean water in a developed country, contrast availability of clean water in a developing country.View Full Posting Details