On the Internet, look up and list two or more definitions of the word "art" from different reliable sources. Be sure to properly quote and cite these definitions.
Then search the internet and find one specific example of each of the eight types of art listed below. Your examples should be by established artists and/or from museum collections online. Need the URL for each example, a description of the art and an explanation of why the example you provide exemplifies the definition(s) of the word "art."
6. Conceptual Art
7. Installation Art
8. Performance Art
Your posting did not specify APA or MLA formatting for citations, so I did not cite the references, just listed them for you. Copied and pasted below is the content of the attached file. THANK YOU for using BrainMass!
DEFINITIONS of art:
- The products of human creativity; works of art collectively; "an art exhibition"; "a fine collection of art"
- The creation of beautiful or significant things; "art does not need to be innovative to be good"; "I was never any good at art"; "he said that architecture is the art of wasting space beautifully"
- A superior skill that you can learn by study and practice and observation; "the art of conversation"; "it's quite an art"
- Artwork: photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication; "the publisher was responsible for all the artwork in the book"
Retrieved from: wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
1. human ability to make things; creativity of man as distinguished from the world of nature
2. skill; craftsmanship
3. any specific skill or its application: the art of making friends
4. any craft, trade, or profession, or its principles: the cobbler's art, the physician's art
5. creative work or its principles; a making or doing of things that display form, beauty, and unusual perception: art includes painting, sculpture, architecture, music, literature, drama, the dance, etc.
6. any branch of creative work, esp. painting, drawing, or work in any other graphic or plastic medium
7. products of creative work; paintings, statues, etc.
8. pictorial and decorative material accompanying the text in a newspaper, magazine, or advertising layout
1. Archaic learning
2. a branch of learning
3. the liberal arts (literature, music, philosophy, etc.) as distinguished from the sciences
9. artful behavior; cunning
10. sly or cunning trick; wile: usually used in pl.
Origin: ME < OFr arte < L ars (gen. artis), art < IE base *ar-, to join, fit together > arm, arm, articulate, ratio, L artus, joint
of or for works of art or artists: art gallery, art colony
This solution provides different definitions of art with eight works and artists in eight genres. Everything is supported by a URL references.