Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400-600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You are going to look at how wealth might change one's life. Use the following steps to complete the task:
•Load gss.sav into SPSS.
•You are going to look at the relationships between the following:
◦Being wealthy (richwork)
◦Demographics of gender (sex)
◦Satisfaction level with your job (satjob)
◦Educational degree level (degree)
To run this analysis, go to Descriptive, then Crosstabs. Put richwork in the Rows box and the other three variables in the Columns box. Click on Click on Cells, then
Observed under Counts and all three boxes under Percentages. You can now Run the analysis.
Write a summary description of the findings based upon the output as it pertains to the variables and being rich and continuing to work.
PART 2 : ATW - ELECTRIC AND GSS.SAV
MGMT814-1402C-01 Quantitative Research Methods
Task Name: Phase 3 Individual Project
Deliverable Length: SPSS Outputs and 300-700 words
Details: Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Load atw.sav in SPSS. You are looking at a comparison of productivity under 2 organizational structures: The data are artificial estimates of productivity with column 1 representing traditional vertical management and column 2 representing other autonomous work teams (ATW). The background is that a company of 100 factory workers had been operating under traditional vertical management and decided to move to ATW. The same employees were involved in both systems having first worked under vertical management and then being converted to ATW.
Complete the following:
• Analyze the productivity levels of the 2 management approaches, and decide which is superior.
• Include the SAS output, which validates your conclusion.
Load electric.sav in SPSS. You need to make a decision about whether a person's diastolic blood pressure (DBP) level is a predictor of whether he or she is going to be alive 10 years later. You will use "DBP58" as a dependent variable and "VITAL10" as your independent variable. Complete the following:
• Analyze these conditions to determine if there is a significant difference between the DBP levels of those (vital10) who are alive 10 years later compared to those who died within 10 years. Include the SAS output, which validates your conclusion.
• Write a brief paragraph describing your conclusions.
Occasionally, you have one independent variable that has 3 or more levels within. Consider the following question, and examine it using the gss.savdatabase: You are interested in looking at the relationship between the dependent variable of the income level of respondents (rincdol) and the independent variable of their reported level of happiness (happy). Using SPSS, complete the following:
• Run the ANOVA program to determine the overall conclusion.
• Use the Bonferroni correction as a post-hoc analysis to determine the relationship of specific levels of happiness to income.
• Write your conclusion of the findings based upon the output.
Submit both the SPSS output file and your Word summary.
Please submit your assignment.
Please find the solution of your posting. I hope it will ...
This solution is comprised of a detailed explanation of Chi-Square, Paired t test, ANOVA and Regression Analysis using ATW.SAV, ELECTRIC.SAV, GSS.SAV data sets. The analysis was done using SPSS. This solution mainly discussed the SPSS Output based on these question asked in part 1, part 2 and part 3.
Hypothesis Test: Choosing the Appropriate Test
1. When to use a t-test and when to use a z-test for one-sample analysis? Give Example.
2. When to use a t-test and when to use a z-test for two-sample analysis? Give Example.
3 When is an independent t-test used as opposed to dependent t-test? Give Example.
4. When is ANOVA used? Which follow up tests are used under which and under which circumstances when there is a difference? Give Example.
5. When is a factorial ANOVA used? Give Example.
6. When is a chi square test appropriate? Give Example.
7. When does linear regression versus multiple regression apply? Give Example.View Full Posting Details