Facebook reports that 70% of their users are from outside the United States and that 50% of their users log onto the Facebook everyday. Suppose that 20% of their users are United States users who log on every day.
1. What percentage of Facebook users are from the United States?
2. What type of probability is the 20% mentioned above?
3. Construct a contingency table showing all the joint and marginal probabilities.
4. What is the probability that a user is from the united states given that he or she logs on evry day?
5. Are "From the United States" and "Log on every day" independent?
This solution demonstrates how to solve probability problems related to Facebook.