Not what you're looking for?
1. How would an employer ensure compliance with EEOC guidelines in the workplace, and what would the role of the manager be in this process? Provide some examples from personal experience.
2. Based on readings and personal experience, what are some values that are likely to be held in universal regard, and what are some values that you believe would differ from culture to culture? How might these values impact the success of business negotiations between individuals from various cultures?
Purchase this Solution
The solution discusses employer compliance towards the practice of EEOC guidelines in the workplace highlighting and explaianing the role of the manager in the process by providing examples. Values personal and universal are also discussed and how they impact the success of a bussiness, an individual or firm inspite of multiculturalism (multiculturalism discussed for the purpose of harnessing positive contributions to corporate and individual values and shared identitiy. The solution follows the APA-format with references provided. A word version is attached for easy printing.
The solution below answers your 2 point query above. I hope you find this solution useful and helpful in your studies. Thank you for using Brainmass. Word version attached for easy printing. References are provided as links.
OTA 105878/Xenia Jones
1. EEOC Compliance
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or EEOC is one of the manifestations of affirmative action taken by the government and instituted as standard employment practice across America as a policy against discrimination for the purpose of implementing full spectrum diversity. The EEOC encourages diversity in the workplace by putting together policies as well as projects known as 'Diversity Training'. According to Vaughn (2007), diversity training is training for the purpose of increasing participants' cultural awareness, knowledge, and skills, which is based on the assumption that the training will benefit an organization by protecting against civil rights violations, increasing the inclusion of different identity groups, and promoting better teamwork. Many management practitioners find it difficult leading individuals whose differences are so pronounced - religion, culture, beliefs, socialization. Managers trained in the managing the diversity of employees in the organization however do not only see compliance with the Commission's rules and principles as part of their jobs, they see managing diversity as another element in harnessing efficiency and achievement of goal within the organization. The manager leads people in terms of training and understanding the importance of diversity and recognizing as well as implementing this within the team of people he leads and manages. He also plays as arbiter when ...
- MPhil/PhD (IP), Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- MA, Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- Certificate, Geva Ulpan (via Universita Tel Aviv)
- BA, University of the Philippines
- "Thank you!:)"
- "Excellent, thank you!:)"
- "Thank you for your timely help. I have submitted another posting (656038) and assigned it directly to you. Please help."
- "Thank you so much for your timely help. Much appreciated."
- "Thanks so much for your support."
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
A refresher quiz on socialization.
This quiz is designed for students to help them gain a better understanding of the different types of research and when to appropriately use them.