I need some ideas and information on the following topic:
The United States has been known as the model of a capitalist society. Discuss the values and beliefs that have led people in the United States to cherish a capitalist economy. Use critical thinking and supporting evidence in your discussion to explain why consumers purchase products such as fast food hamburgers and brand-named shoes.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:13 am ad1c9bdddf
Let's take a closer look at this assignment, which you can then draw on for your final copy. I also attached an article on a criticism of consumerism and capitalism to consider.
1. The United States has been known as the model of a capitalist society. Discuss the values and beliefs that have led people in the United States to cherish a capitalist economy. Use critical thinking and supporting evidence in your discussion to explain why consumers purchase products such as fast food hamburgers and brand-named shoes.
The United States has been considered a model "capitalist" economy, which was coined by Marx to describe a system where a small group of elite people controlled large amounts of money, or capital, as well as made most important economic decisions. Marx contrasted capitalist economies to "socialist" ones. Socialism vested more power in the political system. Marx and his followers believed that capitalist economies concentrate power in the hands of wealthy business people, who aim mainly to maximize profits; socialist economies, on the other hand, would be more likely to feature greater control by government, which tends to put political aims -- a more equal distribution of society's resources, for instance -- ahead of profits (http://economics.about.com/od/howtheuseconomyworks/a/us_capitalism.htm).
With the free market ...
This solution examines capitalism in terms of social values and beliefs that led to capitalism being cherished in the United States, and why consumers began to purchase products such as fast food hamburgers and brand-named shoes. References and a supplementary article on Capitalism in the United States are also provided.
Social Groups and Socialization
Please help me with the following questions in preparing for a 750-1000 word paper:
1. Examine several social groups or organizations to which you belong or have belonged (school, government, family, religious, special interest club, etc.).
2. Explain the role of the group and the social functions it supports or promotes.
3, Be sure to define the groups that you select in terms of primary and secondary classifications.
4. If the group can be deemed a reference group, consider how this group affects or affected your life, personally and/or professionally.
5. If you select any organizations for you analysis, consider Weber's five characteristic of an ideal bureaucracy and suggest which (if any) of the characteristics are directly applicable to your organization.
6. From personal experience, examine the positive and negative ramifications of operating within a bureaucratic structure.
Thank you.View Full Posting Details