1. Select an issue in the work environment that may have been more successfully resolved by the presence of a diverse workforce.
2. Include a thorough description of the issue.
3. Be sure to describe the ramifications of the issue on the organization.
I need help in answering these questions for a short essay and, for structure, a suggested outline would be helpful.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:52 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Select an issue in the work environment that may have been more successfully resolved by the presence of a diverse workforce. This paper should be 1,050 to 1,400 words. The paper should include the following: a. Include a thorough description of the issue. Be sure to describe the ramifications of the issue on the organization.
This is straightforward. You are asked to write a 5-7-page essay on your choice of topic on an issue in the work environment and it appears that you have chosen the value of diversity in the workplace.
One approach to help you with type of essay assignment is to provide a tentative outline, and information to consider for each section, which you can draw on for your final copy.
I. Introduction (e.g. about ¼ - ½ page, introduce the topic; include a purpose statement: the purpose of this paper is to...)
II. Description of Diversity in the Workplace
III. Ramifications of Diversity in the Workplace (e.g. benefits and challenges)
IV. Conclusion (e.g., sum up main points)
Now, let's look at some information and links to help you fill in this tentative outline.
A diverse workforce is a reflection of a changing world and marketplace. Diversity is therefore a vital leadership responsibility and business imperative; thus, accountability for diversity applies to everyone - from the board of directors to the CEO, to managers and leaders - including employees. Each is responsible for the success for diversity within the industry; however leadership is especially liable to being called to account for its mismanagement. Most corporations have discovered and embraced the notion that in order to be successful, commitment to diversity must come from "the top". http://www.magazine.org/diversity/Managing_Diversity_at_Work/8487.cfm
The purpose of this paper is to...
What is diversity and how is it defined?
From one source:
Broadly, diversity is defined as "recognizing, appreciating, valuing, and utilizing the unique talents and contributions of all individuals" regardless of age, career experience, color, communication style, culture, disability, educational level or background, employee status, ethnicity, family status, function, gender, language, management style, marital status, national origin, organizational level, parental status, physical appearance, race, regional origin, religion, sexual orientation, thinking style, speed of learning and comprehension, etc. More narrowly defined and organizationally focused, diversity is a "collective mixture characterized by differences and similarities that are applied in pursuit of organizational objectives." It is the process of planning for, organizing, directing, and supporting these collective mixtures in a way that adds a measurable difference to organizational performance" by which diversity is managed. http://www.magazine.org/diversity/Defining_Diversity/
From another source:
Diversity is generally defined as acknowledging, understanding, accepting, ...
By example and supplementary article on the impact of diversity, this solution describes an issue in the work environment that may have been more successfully resolved by the presence of a diverse workforce and the ramifications of the issue on the organization. References in APA format.
Considering the Value of Diversity in the Workplace
1. What is the value of diversity in the workplace? Describe the aspects of the business that are positively influenced as a direct result of a diverse workforce.
2. According to the systematic approach to managing diversity, recruitment and retention are a critical component of diversity management. Summarize the issues involved in recruiting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce. Regarding diverse employees and diverse markets, Caas and Sondak argue that better-performing companies may simply attract the best talent among all groups of workers. Explain the meaning, and discuss whether you agree or disagree.
3. Chapter 1 of Opportunities and Challenges of Workplace Diversity describes the leadership-based organizational paradigms for managing diversity. Give a brief description of each of the four paradigms, and identify which paradigm(s) you saw in at a workplace.
With references.View Full Posting Details