Utilizing a theory of globalization elaborate on the following:
• Describe how 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day
• How accurate is the stat of 22,000 children dying each day due to poverty? They die quietly in some poor village far from the scrutiny and conscience of the world
• How does the wealthiest nation on Earth have the widest gap between rich and poor of any industrialized nation?
• Think about the different actors, individuals and entities who participate in or are affected by globalization. How does the social or geographical standpoint of these actors affect their experience of globalization?
• How does Anthony Giddens (Sociologist) relate to globalization research, concepts, ideas and insights?
*450-500 words for 6 credits*
*NO REFERENCES NEEDED*
Describe how 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day
Unfortunately, the majority of the global population across the globe lives in abject poverty that is stifling and unimaginable for those in the Western world who have never been exposed to the level of poverty that people across the globe must face on a daily basis. It is simply incomprehensible for those who have not set foot outside of their Westernized countries such as the U.S. and those in Europe. Therefore, the ability to empathize with these people who are living in unspeakable poverty is limited for those who have never experienced this level of suffering in their entire lives. In reality, $10 a day is actually generous as many people around the world reportedly live on less than $2 a day. The only reason that this is enabled to continue in a world that has untold riches and the ability to end this level of human suffering is because of Greed, conflict over territory, and conflict over power and the role that power plays throughout the world. Poverty and hunger could be eradicated if countries came together to eliminate it, but because of the greed and conflict for control of resources, global markets, and military arms, the world continues to experience poverty on scales that have remained largely unchanged for the majority of the ...
Poverty facts and statistics are examined. The expert describes how 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.