I need help finding an article of a crime committed by a woman and help and ideas to address these questions:
1. Look for a news article about a crime committed by a woman. This article can be from newspapers, magazines etc.
2. Read the article and the write a brief paragraph about the piece, and then add your comments on the article on what was written or better what is not written.
3. Also state the views or opinions that were inferred by the article.
4. Please state the title of the publication that you obtained the article from as well as the published date.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 18, 2018, 9:44 am ad1c9bdddf
Please see response attached, which is also presented below. I also attached supplementary reading about the case. I hope this helps and take care.
Let's take a closer look at the following interesting questions. I also downloaded the article at the end of the response for easy referencing and reading.
1. What I would like you to do is to look for a news article about a crime committed by a woman. This article can be from newspapers, magazines etc. I want you to read the article and the write a brief paragraph about the piece, and then I want you to add your comments on the article on what was written or better what is not written.
The article is about a woman (Sue Basso), who murdered a man called "Buddy" Musso, along with 5 confederates. All were charged with the murder of "Buddy" Musso. The article reports that the jury of eight men and four women convicted Basso of the capital murder of Musso, whose badly beaten body was found Aug. 26, 1998, in a Galena Park ditch. It portrayed the woman as evil and demonic (as perhaps she was) since Musso had the mind of an 8-year-old, and Sue Basso had lured him to Texas in June 1998 from his native New Jersey by Basso's promise to marry him. She never did, but she took control of his finances, tried to seize his Social Security benefits and eventually concocted the plan to collect on an insurance policy that paid off extra if Musso died a violent death, which he did. The article reports that Musso died after days of intense and almost nonstop beatings and torture, and finally died of a skull fracture. His body was covered with bruises and lash marks from head to toe. Several bones were broken and his skin was scarred by cigarette burns. Court testimony revealed that in his last days, he was forbidden from getting off a small child's play mat. Between beatings, he was scrubbed with a wire brush while forcibly immersed in a tub filled with a skin-peeling mix of household cleaners. Thus, the article pointed out that the prosecutors Colleen Barnett and Denise Nassar said Basso deserved to die, though her 5 confederates did not, because she orchestrated the murder and arranged to cash in on the insurance policy. "We've worked really hard on this case and we've been amassing evidence for a year and we finally got our day in court," Barnett said. "I've seen a bunch of evil in my job as a prosecutor, but she exhibits so many different demonic traits that it's hard to see her as anything but an evil-minded person."
The article reports that the ...
This solution assists in locating a news article related to a woman committing a crime and comments on how it is written, what could be changed and inferences of the article. The article is included, which states the title, publication and date.