Please provide some notes and ideas on the following topics:
1) Alcohol/Drugs use and abuse in the military
2) What are factors/variables on why military members use alcohol/drugs
3) What are factors/variables on why military members abuse alcohol/drugs
4) What are some military/civilian programs that are designed to assist/help users and abusers© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 8:33 am ad1c9bdddf
Alcohol and Drugs in the military
1) Alcohol/Drugs use and abuse in the military.
Military communities are unique and may not be fully understood by the civilian community. The core values, creeds, and the underlying sentiments that underpins the culture and custom is exclusive to the military communities. The Soldier's Creed for example, are words that becomes the values and traits embraced by military soldiers and becomes embedded in the minds of soldiers through-out training and time in the service. Many soldiers' lives not only by these values while active duty, but the values remain with them after discharge and through life. I will list several creeds soldiers must embrace: Soldier's Creed: I am an American Soldier. I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values. I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade." I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills... another Creed could include, Ranger Creed, Marine Corp etc. (U. S. Department of Veterans Affair, 2016).
2) What are factors/variables on why military members use alcohol/drugs.
Soldiers are often separated due to deployment, extended duties, and ...
Alcohol and substance abuse is prevalent in the military. There are many reason for the abuse, but understanding why alcohol and substance abuse is prevalent is key to a much needed discussion. This article shares feedback on use and potentially how it becomes a substance of choice. Also are resources available with websites and contact numbers.