Hi, I need to compose a cross-cultural research paper and I need some assistance understanding the following concepts:
- Describe the culture of interest and explain why this culture interests you, include whether it is a collectivistic or individualistic culture.
- Describe the culture you most identify with and its characteristics, include whether it is a collectivistic or individualistic culture.
- Compare similarities and differences related to time orientation, communication, physical and mental health, group relationships, and perceptions and measures of intelligence between your culture of interest and your own culture.
- Describe a theory that will guide your analysis of both cultures.
- Based on the theory, explain how each culture influences human development, identity development, and personality development within it.
- Based on the theory, explain how each culture influences the expression of emotion, the development of morality, gender, aggression, and one other psychological process within it.
- Explain any biases that may influence your analysis of these cultures and explain why.
Cross- Cultural psychology
1. A great resource for you to use to address all the components of your paper would be "Cross-Cultural Psychology" 5th Ed. by Berry, Poortinga, Segall, Dasen (2006) Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK.
2. An Example:
Culture: East Indian
i) Collectivist culture
ii) Similarities and differences in behavior across cultures:
- Communication style, ie. this is a patriarchal society, thus women are not allowed to be outspoken nor direct. Passive communication styles are the accepted norm for ...
This solution acts as a guide, providing an example of how of student could starting thinking about how to compose a discussion paper on the topic of cross-cultural psychology. The example used in this solution is East Indian culture. A reference is also provided.