How is it related to health?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:41 am ad1c9bdddf
There are many ways that stress is related to health, including physical, emotional and mental. According to this website, http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/stress/a/stressnurhealth.htm, stress causes chemical changes in the brain which ultimately changes your physical composition. For women, stress can affect hormones, including a woman's menstrual cycle. Research shows that women who don't experience menstruation regularly don't because of stress. Also, stress can cause hormonal imbalances in women can lead to fibroid tumors and endometriosis, often making it difficult for women to become pregnant.. Stress can cause everything from backaches to headaches, insomnia and even cancer.
Both men and women see heart disease as a result of stress, although heart disease is the number one killer in women. Stress can cause high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes and heart palpitations.
More common health issues associated with stress include the common cold and fatigue. This is because stress lowers the immune system. Some skin issues associated with stress include rashes and itchy skin and hives.
According to the website, , there are two types of stress, one good and one bad. Eustress is a good type of stress, almost like adrenaline that keeps someone going with energy. Acute stress can be both good and bad.
If you have ever heard of the "fight or flight" ...
A detailed look at the physical, mental and emotional problems associated with stress and how stress affects men and woman differently. Also, a look at the chemical reactions in the brain associated with stress and the fight and flight response.
1. Describe the form(s) in which information is coded in short-term memory and discuss the roles played by decay and interference in recalling information from short-term memory.
6. Summarize current beliefs and research regarding the role of heredity and environment in intelligence.
8. Summarize research findings on temperament in infants and children. How much is temperament determined by genetic inheritance versus environmental learning?
12. Summarize the research on aggression in humans in terms of the causes of aggression, methods for modifying aggressive behavior, and cultural and gender differences in aggression.
15. Summarize the research regarding socioeconomic and gender differences in coping with stress.View Full Posting Details