Explain the impact of organizational socialization on job satisfaction.
Analyze the relationship between productive and counterproductive behaviors in organizations.
Describe the relationship between job satisfaction and organizational commitment.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:11 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Explain the impact of organizational socialization on job satisfaction.
Organizational Socialization is a process where employees learn about and adapt to new jobs, roles and the culture of the workplace (Klein and Weaver, 2000). It is the fashion in which an individual is taught and learns what behaviors and perspectives are customary and desirable within the work setting as well as what ones are not (Van Maanen and Schein (1979). It is the act, process or method by which one acquires any type of functional skill or ability that is required to perform a specific job (Taormina, 1997) (as cited in (http://extensionhr.osu.edu/resources/codir/edialogue/Organizational%20Socialization%20and%20Job%20Satisfaction(9-12-08).pdf).
Research suggests there are seven methods of Organizational socialization including:
1. Formal mentors (assigned)
2. Informal mentors (self‐selected)
3. Immediate orientation program (less than 3 months)
4. Orientation after 3 months
5. Web based training modules
6. County extension director orientation
7. Discussion of job expectations and duties with coworkers (http://extensionhr.osu.edu/resources/codir/edialogue/Organizational%20Socialization%20and%20Job%20Satisfaction(9-12-08).pdf).
Why does Organizational Socialization Matter?
For example, the literature indicates that the faster new hires are socialized/oriented, the higher their job satisfaction, and the higher commitment to the organization.
1. Organizational socialization has a major influence on the performance of the new hire as well as the organization (Louis, Posner, Powel, 1983).
2. Completion of a formal ...
Explains the impact of organizational socialization on job satisfaction. It also analyzes the relationship between productive and counterproductive behaviors in organizations. Describes the relationship between job satisfaction and organization. References are provided. Supplemented with two supporting article. with references provided.
Organizational Socialization and Job Satisfaction
1. What are three reasons for appraising employee performance? Which one of these reasons is most important? Why?
2. What are some of the common objective measures of job performance? Which one of these measures would be most relevant for the job of university professor? Why?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using objective measures of performance?
4. What do you think about the concept of emotional intelligence? Which jobs would require a higher level of emotional intelligence? Why?View Full Posting Details