APA Style and Format.
Utilize one or more specific methods of assessment with a client you have worked with currently or in the past. Can you in select an assessment that is appropriate for the client (such as the Beck Depression Inventory, Beck Anxiety Inventory, Mental Status Exam, biopsychosocial assessment, ecomap, genogram, or other developed assessment instrument). Select an assessment tool that you believe would be appropriate for the client, and discuss its use.
Offers a brief description of your client, couple, or family, omitting any personally identifying information.
Describes the rationale for using these particular assessment forms (that is, agency policy, diagnostic clarification, and so on).
Identifies your reactions to using the assessment method or methods that you chose.
Discusses how you think you would have reacted to the methods if you had been the client.
Reviews the ways in which the assessment tools you used was helpful in gathering information and building the helping relationship.
Identifies the limitations of these tools in gathering data and building the helping relationship.
If you used any visual tools (such as a genogram or ecomap), be sure to attach them with your assessment report.
Written Communication: It should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA Formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
Number of Resources: 3-5 scholarly, peer-reviewed articles.
Length: 3-4 pages.
This solution discusses an integrated treatment discusses an integrated treatment to assess depression for a Mesican family.
Making a Treatment Plan
Here is the following scenario: You are treating a 45-year-old male who states that he is depressed and potentially suicidal. Your client has recently returned from active duty in a war zone and states that he does not know if he can go on after seeing the things he has seen during war. His drinking has increased significantly over the past month and he is feeling very isolated.
Complete the following:
- Write a short treatment plan to specifically address issues of crises, suicidality, or trauma-causing events as they relate to depression and substance abuse.
- How would your treatment plan address the causes of depression and drinking in this client?
- In your treatment plan, individualize helping strategies and treatment modalities to meet the client's willingness to change.
- Explain some strategies you would use to initiate and maintain counseling with this client. What issues will you consider when you approach termination with the client?
In addition, can you ensure that the following is included in your posting:
- Explain how stated issues are tied directly to depression and addictive behaviors
- Describe the assessments selected in regards to addiction, depression, and suicidal potential
- Write a treatment plan that includes appropriate interventions, addressing crises, suicidality, or trauma-causing events as related to depression and addictive behaviors.