1. What rhetorical devices does the author use? How effective is the use of the devices?
2. List any examples of bias, fallacies, or faulty reasoning that you found in the source or article.
3. Is the author's argument good/bad, valid/invalid, or strong/weak? Explain.
4. Are any non-factual issues addressed?
Is moral, legal, or aesthetic reasoning included? Explain. See attached file for full problem description.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 7:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
In order to complete all of your assignments, it's important to first understand what the definitions of some items are before you can answer them.
Rhetorical device (from wikipedia.com)
In rhetoric, a rhetorical device or resource of language is a technique that an author or speaker uses to evoke an emotional response in his audience (his reader(s) or listener(s)). These emotional responses are central to the meaning of the work or speech, and should also get the audience's attention.
An example of this might be the use of the statistics - the number of deaths by alcohol. It's "shocking", which is one emotional response. Can you name the other emotional responses the author invokes in you? What were your thoughts as you read these facts?
A bias is a prejudice in a general or specific sense, usually in the sense for having a preference to one particular point of view or ideological perspective. However, one is generally only said to be biased if one's powers of judgment are influenced by the biases one holds, to the extent that one's views could not be taken as being neutral or objective, but instead as subjective. A bias could, for example, lead one to ...
Understanding Youth and Alcohol - psychological constructs of this article.
Industrial/organizational psychology overview
1) Describe the history of industrial/organizational psychology.
2) Organizations often consider on-staff industrial/organizational psychologists as cost with no revenue return. What can industrial/organizational psychologists do to demonstrate their value to organizational leaders?View Full Posting Details