Questions (also attached):
1. Describe Aristotle's role in the history of psychology and understand the definition of psychology.
2. Identify and define the four goals of psychology.
3. Identify and compare early views of psychology that focused on the elements of conscious experience, including Wundt, Titchener, the Structuralists, Alston, and the Gestalt psychologists.
4. Identify and compare views in psychology that focused on the functions of the conscious mind, including James, the Functionalists, Ebbinghaus, Calkins, and Binet. Also, explain functionalism's influence on contemporary psychology, namely cognition.
5. Describe the origins of behaviorism and social learning theory.
6. Identify the early views of psychology that focused on the nature of the unconscious mind.
7. Describe the neuroscience and sociocultural perspectives and explain their influence on contemporary psychology.
8. Identify and define the terms associated with the sociocultural perspective.
9. Describe how sociocultural factors influenced the history of psychology.
10. Describe the differences between basic and applied areas of psychology; list and describe examples of both areas.
11. Describe the relationship between psychology and psychiatry.
12. Identify the beliefs commonly shared by psychologists about human nature and behavior.
Thank you for this assistance, as it is for a review.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 4:55 pm ad1c9bdddf
By responding to the questions related to the the history of psychology, this solution discusses key theories and key theorists. It provides a comprehensive review.