If you were a health psychologist would you be more interested in preventing disease or managing it? Why? Describe how you might design a community health campaign. In your description, consider both risky behaviors and health promoting behaviors.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:48 am ad1c9bdddf
If I were a health psychologist I would be very interested in preventing disease, because I feel it is better to stop or prevent something before it starts; however, because so many mental health diseases are genetic, this could be more difficult to do. By managing it, you could help those with mental health diseases be able to live a ...
How do you start a campaign in your community for community health? Is it better to prevent disease or to manage it?
Public health and the maintenance of the same is integral to any developed nation. To that end, in the United States, federal, state, and local agencies must work to establish guidelines, rules, and requirements that provide baselines to protect the health of the public at large. I need to answer the following questions in a presentation of 2-3 pages, and provide properly cited sources to support it:
• How is public health defined?
• Why should the government be charged with the management of public health?
• On the federal level, how does the Center for Disease Control (CDC) monitor and manage public health?
• How do departments of health on the state and the local level contribute to the maintenance and management of public health?
• Are public health agencies on the federal, state and local level successful in ensuring that public health is maintained?
I have secured a fellowship with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), working as a public health analyst. One of the duties for this position is to "Identify public health policy needs and coordinate the preparation of strategies and proposals in response to those needs to promote the achievement of public health goals." I Have to include the following in a report:
• Identify 1 subpopulation of southeastern United States (infants, African-Americans, Hispanic women, etc.).
• Describe the 5 most important health concerns for the subpopulation, including justification for your choices.
• Describe the most recent state or federal policy aimed at assisting this subpopulation's health needs and concerns.
I need this delivered in the length of about 5-7 pages