Unit 9 Final Project Rubric
Provides a clear step by step breakdown of the behaviors that make up the selected task, including any antecedent stimuli or cues, materials needed, setting or environmental stimuli, etc. 20
Selects a specific step from the task analysis list, and describes the target outcome behavior in observable and measurable terms. 10
Identifies how each measurable dimension of behavior might apply to your target outcome behavior (rate, duration, latency, inter-response time), and selects an appropriate method to record these behaviors. 25
With the target behavior in mind, discusses the advantages and disadvantages of using continuous versus sampling techniques (e.g. partial and whole-interval recording, momentary time sampling). 25
Selects an appropriate schedule of observation and recording, given your specific target behavior and the logistics of observing and recording. 15
Discusses in detail how you would assess what step a client is on within your task list. What methods of functional behavior assessment would you use here and why? Provides a clear justification and explanation for your selection. 25
Discusses the different methods of charting and graphing that you should consider using when presenting the results of your intervention (e.g.- histogram, line graph, celeration chart, etc.). Provide a clear argument as to why your selected method is best, and how it demonstrates parsimony. 25
Selects and creates a data display that effectively presents the mock data visually using charts/graphs. 30
Discusses how you would interpret the results, and what your recommendation would be regarding the client's progress. 30
Style and Mechanics: Clear and logical organization; paragraphs and sentences are well developed. Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Meets length requirements (6 - 8 pages). 0-20
APA Style: Formatted correctly using APA style.
Provides references to support conclusions.
Paraphrased correctly and accurately; direct quotes used minimally. 0-25
An explanation of the points earned, as well as where the assignment could be strengthened will be included with your grade.
A clear step-by-step breakdown of the behaviors that make up this task including any antecedent stimuli or cues, materials needed, setting or environmental stimuli, etc.
Progressive muscle relaxation in anxiety
Antecedent / environmental stimulus: anxiety provoking social or stressful situation at work or home
2. Select a specific step from your task analysis list, and describe the target outcome behavior in observable and measurable terms.
The individual will mindfully engage in progressive muscle relaxation
1. Individual will focus on breathing slowly and mindfully and gradually increase abdominal and deep breathing exercise to a comfortable level.
2. Individual will start from the head and neck, relaxing these areas of the body by moving them back to front and side to side to release tension and stiffness that occurs in anxiety.
3. Individual will progress towards shoulders and torso as well as back, releasing the tension in these parts of the body by assuming a stretching posture and repeating the stretches one to five times.
4. Individual will stretch fore arms and upper arms and clench and unclench fisted hands
5. Individual will then relax their pelvic area and lower back, while continuing to deep breathe.
6. Individual will gradually stretch up and resume normal posture whole relaxing lower back after 1-2 repetitive stretches.
7. Individual will tighten buttocks while continuing to deep breathe.
8. Individual will stretch our legs and tense up upper thighs and lower ...
Task analysis explained through example of progressive muscle relaxation.