Developmental psychologists study specific types of growth in people of a target age or age range. For example, a psychologist might study language development in pre-verbal toddlers or peer-group formation in pre-adolescents. Using the theories and research methods described in your assigned reading, propose a study of a topic of interest to you. Developmental studies are based in a developmental theory, so be sure to select one that is likely to support your ideas. You have a sample research study in your assigned reading. Practice finding all of the information listed below in the study to help understand how to design your own study.
Be sure to include:
1.Target age or age group
2.Specific name of the theory (to be sure that we all understand each other, add the name of the theorist too)
3.Research question (be specific)
4.Research design (you may name the model and then try to explain how the model would be used to create a study)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:08 pm ad1c9bdddf
Designing a Developmental psychology research study:
As you have not given me any specifics such as your interest, your possible research questions, your population, I will give you an example. Please do feel free to send me your brainstorming ideas so that I can help you organize your thoughts in the categories your professor has ...
How to design a research proposal in developmental psychology
Program of Study (POS) and Professional Development Plan (PDP)
Application: Program of Study (POS) and Professional Development Plan (PDP)
This week you will create your own blueprint or roadmap for your graduate program at Walden.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the Long Range Course Rotation document located in the Learning Resources.
- Review the information provided in the Academic Residencies Web site.
- Review the Professional Development Plan and POS document.
- Download the Program of Study Template appropriate for your specialization.
- Read the sample Professional Development Plans in the Learning Resources.
- Complete a Program of Study (POS) and a Professional Development Plan (PDP)
- Ensure that the documents have been spell- and grammar-checked and that they represent your best professional effort.
NOTE: When you complete the POS, please be sure that you fill out the form that you have downloaded. DO NOT change the format, retype the form, and/or type on the sample POS.
Support your Application assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.