The purpose of this assignment is twofold: the first objective is to encourage you to surf the web locating sites which target health and well-being information; second, you will have the opportunity to read and critically evaluate information, contained on the web.
1. Use a search engine and locate sport psychology web sites [avoid university sites]
2. Compare and contrast 8 to 10 sites to access the range of material
3. Select 5 sites to include in your analysis. Select an array of sites based on:
quality of material presented
4. credentials of person responsible for information
5. quality of site layout and structure
6. To perform the critical analysis, compare and contrast the sites based on:
- quality of content [is the information valid?]
- relevance of content [is material new and current?]
- structure and attractiveness of site
Write a report including the following information:
- An introductory section discussing the purpose of this project
- A section providing an overview and rationale for your selection of the 5 sites
- A critical analysis of each site
- An APA reference of each site
Sport Psychology: Online Resources
The successful staging of the London of Olympics 2012 was broadcast into our homes the triumphs and heartaches of the world's best athletes in sports familiar and unfamiliar - from athletics (i.e.. track and field), judo, football, cycling (i.e. mtb, road, track), basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, canoeing, kayaking, aquatics (i.e.. swimming, diving), equestrian, wrestling, boxing and modern pentathlon. The struggles and defeat of athletes that came to represent their country, and the triumph and glory of athletes that took home the much coveted medals from their sport - crowned as the best in the world. If the human body can be pushed to achieve athleticism so powerful and effective that boundaries of ...
The expert uses a search engine to locate the sports psychology. The range of materials are compared and contrasted.