Unit IV Case Study
Analyze Case Study II-5: "The CliptomaniaTM Web Store" (on pp. 308-320 in the textbook).
MBA 5401 Management Information Systems 3
Discuss the strategic issues faced by the company in launching and developing their e-business venture.
Provide your recommendations and analysis.
Summarize your findings in a two-page paper using proper APA formatting.
1. All paragraphs should have at least 3 sentences.
2. Paragraphs should be indented.
3. Line spacing should be 2.0
4. Papers should have page numbers in the top right corner.
5. Fonts should be Times New Roman or Ariel and have a 12pt font size.
6. Margins should be an inch all the way around
7. Use subheadings!
8. All papers should have an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
9. Citations - First, why do we need to use in-text citations? We use sources (like our textbook) to provide specific information...such as definitions, for example. We also use sources to back up our assertions. When you paraphrase (summarize) ideas from a source or use a direct quote from a source, you need to give the author credit for his ideas....otherwise you are stealing the authors' ideas and hard work.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 8:01 am ad1c9bdddf
In accordance with BrainMass standards this is not a hand in ready paper but only background help.
Strategic Issues Faced by Cliptomania:
The key strategic issues faced by Cliptomania included no knowledge or expertise in setting up a web store. Jim and Candy the owners did not have the ability of designing the site, computer programming, or integrating software packages. For the owners, the setting up of the store was time consuming. They first selected Yahoo Store but when Yahoo Store charges were increased it became costly Jim and Candy to continue. Another problem was that they were not able to source their clip only earrings. When they identified potential suppliers their volume was not large enough to attract the suppliers. There were several challenges to be overcome when sources were developed. When Jim and Candy changed their website in 2006 they faced a decline in search engine rankings. The customers were not able ...
This solution explains strategic issues, analysis, & recommendation of Cliptomania case study. The sources used are also included in the solution.