Apply concepts and approaches presented in the course to a scenario featuring an offender with multiple related factors
· Explain the offender category (ies) that concurs with the scenario client and discern the treatment considerations inherent in this category (ies).
· Describe the multicultural factors (e.g., age, gender, and ethnicity) evident in the scenario and explain how these factors affect treatment and treatment approach (es).
· Describe the treatment approach (es) and/or programs you would use with the offender and explain why.
· Describe any legal and ethical issues that might be involved in the treatment of your selected offender and explain how you would address these issues.
· Describe the model you would use to measure treatment outcomes and explain why you selected this model.
Hi and thank you for your patience. In this particular task, you are asking for help in putting together an offender scenario. Essentially, its a kind of sample offender assessment. I suggest making it simple using this outline:
1. About the offender and other considerations - 100 words
2. Multicultural factors & treatment impact- 100 words
3. Legal & Ethical Issues - 100 words
4. Chosen treatment - 100 words
5. Treatment outcome model - 100 words
This outline should yield around 500 words which should cover what you need. The sample below has been utilized because sexual offense is among the most familiar in terms of treatment programs and in terms of offender population. You can use the listed resources to further explore the topic. Just let me know via the feedback section if you need further clarification. All the best with your studies and Happy Holidays.
Offender Scenario: Sexual Offender Case
The offender case I have chosen to focus on is that of Ben. Ben is a 25 year old man who is currently serving a 5 year sentence for rape in California. Following the state's Penal Code 261.5 PC on "Statutory Rape," Ben's conviction has been based on the fact that, while he argued that his girlfriend and himself have been going steady for a couple of years and has had consensual sex for that length of time, the fact that his girlfriend was only 15 when they started going steady and without, and having done so without the knowledge or consent of her parents has made her eventual pregnancy at the age of 17 both a shock and a scandal to her family and community. Ben was the janitor in her school, a special school for cognitively challenged children (the girl classifies as having mental retardation, with an overall mental age of 5 even at her actual age of 17). As such, while the girl and Ben protest the rape, the fact that she is classified mentally retarded, and above all, under 18, unable to decide right from wrong as both a minor and a mentally disabled individual, the facts of the case - ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tacking the task (see above) on the topic of illustrating an offender scenario. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.