With knowledge comes power. As learners and bearers of knowledge, it is vital to understand that ethical concerns can arise in all areas that you touch. Psychologists address potential ethical issues in teaching, research, practice, consultation, and management. Psychology is even more far-reaching in that it impacts your values, morals, and policies. Address and discuss various ethical implications of your MS specialization.
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. This particular problem has to essentially be answered in a form of a mini-essay. The question then is what ethical issues will you expound upon? There are so many, how do you begin? I think your answer, while concise should take note of the way the question has been asked. 3 things - morals, values, policies. I think we should get 3 issues that touch on this as it relates to practice and research. I suggest this structure:
1. Ethics in the field - why is ethics important in Psychology?
2. The issues, examples and discussion of ethical practice and principles.
3. General view - how will you address ethics in your practice?
Obviously, you can make this shorter or longer dependent upon how long you need the essay to be. The ideas below should be used side by side with concepts from your class materials as well as your own views on the matter. You can also use the listed resources to further explore the topic. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Ethics in Psychology
Like any other professional group of practitioners, psychologists and their colleagues who practice in the field are informed with and look towards ethical codes of practice to ensure that ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) of discussing ethical issues in general Psychology, in particular - ethical issues in the assessment of children with behavioral problems. The solution provides insight and discussion on the matter and suggests an outline to help the student put together a paper as befit the particulars of the problem. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Prison Psychology: Suicidality and Ethical Issues
- Explain any other ethical challenges you may encounter (in the forensic setting, with the population, and in the professional role) you chose for this final project that you may face.
- Explain common ethical complaints and violations that might arise in the setting.
- Explain ethical risk management strategies you might employ in your setting to avoid violations.