Please see attachment.
Week One Assessment
1. A box contains three blue balls and three white balls. If two balls are drawn one at a time, find the probability that both balls are blue if the draws are made as follows:
(a) With replacement __________________________
(b) Without replacement ___________________________
2. If automobile license plates consist of two letters followed by four digits, how many different possible license plates are possible if letters and numbers can be repeated?
3. Grace claims, "the probability of rolling a sum of 12 when you roll two dice is 1/11 , because two dice have sums 2 through 12 which means there are 11 possible sums." How do you respond?
4. If the median is greater than the mean on a set of test scores, describe the distribution.
5. (a) The mean age of members of a class reunion was 71.9. The next year the mean age was 71.5 years. How can the mean age decrease when all class members are a year older?
(b) The mean age of ten people in a room is 15 years. A 50-year-old person walks in. How much is the mean increased?
6. The following table shows statistics for two college basketball teams.
Central College Western College
Mean points per game 89 89
Mean absolute deviation (MAD) 8 20
(in points per game)
Points scored playing each other 85 81
(a) Explain whether Central or Western College scores more consistently.