Project # 1
Work only equation: (a) x^ - 2x - 13 = 0 and (c) x^ + 12x - 64 + 0, but complete all 6 steps (a-f) as shown in the example.
Please select at least five numbers: 0(zero), two even numbers and two odd numbers. Make sure you organize into separate projects.
The assignment must include all the math work required to answer the problems.
The steps are:
• Move the constant term to the right side of the equation.
• Multiply each term in the equation by four times the coefficient of the x^ term.
• Square the coefficient of the original x term and add it to both sides of the equation.
• Take the square root of both sides.
• Set the side of the equation equal to the positive square root of the number on the right side and solve for x.
• Set the left side of the equation equal to the negative square root of the number on the right side and solve for x.
Example: Solve x^ + 3x - 10 = 0
X^ + 3x = 10
4x^ + 12x = 40
4x^ + 12x + 9 = 40 + 9
4x^ + 12x + 9= 49
2x + 3 = + 7
2x + 3 = + 7 2x + 3 = - 7
2x = 4 2x = -10
x = 2 x = -5.
Please see solution attached.
Project # 1
2x-2= 2 ...
This solutions solves the quadratic equations by completing the square.
Using the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations
Is it true that solutions to quadratic equations can always be found using the quadratic formula?View Full Posting Details