Project # 1
Work only equation: (a) x^ - 2x - 13 = 0 and (c) x^ + 12x - 64 + 0, but complete all 6 steps (a-f) as shown in the example.
Please select at least five numbers: 0(zero), two even numbers and two odd numbers. Make sure you organize into separate projects.
The assignment must include all the math work required to answer the problems.
The steps are:
• Move the constant term to the right side of the equation.
• Multiply each term in the equation by four times the coefficient of the x^ term.
• Square the coefficient of the original x term and add it to both sides of the equation.
• Take the square root of both sides.
• Set the side of the equation equal to the positive square root of the number on the right side and solve for x.
• Set the left side of the equation equal to the negative square root of the number on the right side and solve for x.
Example: Solve x^ + 3x - 10 = 0
X^ + 3x = 10
4x^ + 12x = 40
4x^ + 12x + 9 = 40 + 9
4x^ + 12x + 9= 49
2x + 3 = + 7
2x + 3 = + 7 2x + 3 = - 7
2x = 4 2x = -10
x = 2 x = -5.
Please see solution attached.
Project # 1
2x-2= 2 ...
This solutions solves the quadratic equations by completing the square.