MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) In linear programming, sensitivity analysis is associated with
(1) objective function coefficients
(2) right hand side values of constraints
(3) constraint coefficients
A) 1 and 2 B) 1 and 3 C) 2 and 3 D) 1, 2, and 3
2) Sensitivity analysis is the analysis of the effect of ________ changes on the ________.
A) price, company B) parameter, optimal solution
C) cost, production D) none of the above
3) For a maximization problem, assume that a constraint is binding. If the original amount of a resource is 4 lb, and the range of feasibility (sensitivity range) for this constraint is from 3 lb to 6 lb, increasing the amount of this resource by 1 lb will result in the
A) same product mix, different total profit.
B) different product mix, different total profit.
C) same product mix, same total profit.
D) different product mix, same total profit as before.
4) The production manager for Beer etc. produces two kinds of beer: light (L) and dark (D). Two resources used to produce beer are malt and wheat. He can get, at most, 4800 oz. of malt per week and 3200 oz. of wheat per week. Each bottle of light beer requires 12 oz. of malt and 4 oz. of wheat, while a bottle of dark beer uses 8 oz. of malt and 8 oz. of wheat. Profits for light beer are $2 per bottle, and profits for dark beer are $1 per bottle. What is the objective function?
A) Z = $12L + $8D
B) Z = $1L + $2D
C) Z = 12 lb + 4 lb
D) Z = $4L + $8D
E) Z = $2L + $1D
5) The production manager for the Whoppy soft drink company is considering the production of two kinds of soft drinks: regular and diet. The company operates one 8 hour shift per day. Therefore, the production time is 480 minutes per day. During the production process, one of the main ingredients, syrup, is limited to maximum production capacity of 675 gallons per day. Production of a regular case requires 2 minutes and 5 gallons of syrup, while production of a diet case needs 4 minutes and 3 gallons of syrup. Profits for regular soft drink are $3.00 per case, and profits for diet soft drink are $2.00 per case. What is the time constraint?
A) 2 R + 4 D ≥ 480
B) 2 D + 4 R ≤ 480
C) 2 R + 3 D ≤ 480
D) 2 R + 4 D ≤ 480
E) 3 R + 2 D ≤ 480
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false.
6) Decision variables must be clearly defined after constraints are written.
7) The sensitivity range for an objective coefficient is the range of values over which the current optimal solution point (product mix) will remain optimal.
8) If the original amount of a resource is 15, and the range of feasibility for it can increase by 5, then the amount of the resource can increase to 20.
9) The reduced cost (shadow price) for a positive decision variable is 0.
10) A maximization problem may be characterized by all greater than or equal to constraints.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com April 3, 2020, 3:54 pm ad1c9bdddf
Solution contains answers of multiple choice questions.